ADHD and Social Skills Development Checklist
How does the mother bird prepare her offspring for survival? Our task as human parents is to help our children be happy and learn to find happiness as adults. To do this they need to learn to relate to others in a positive, understanding and compassionate manner. What are the building blocks for developing the ability to relate in a socially effective and responsive manner?
The following is lists of skills that I believe are essential for our children to achieve this goal no matter what their diagnosis.
- Active Listening
- Emotional self-regulation or self control
- Respect for oneself and others
- Eye contact · Social Judgment
- Setting limits and understanding personal boundaries
- Developing a sense of positive self-appreciation
- Self Acceptance and Compassion for others
- Gentle self-discipline